Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Scots Wha Hae

DSC_4191

It's something of a P6 tradition, somewhere in the vicinity of Burns Night, to perform a Scots Night at the school for parents, Scottish or otherwise. There's singing, dancing, poetry recitals and re-enactments of great moments in Scottish sporting history. Holly was one of the comperes for the evening, announcing upcoming performances and - in one memorable instance - ad-libbing when it took a bit longer than expected to count the parental votes for "Sports Personality of the Decade".

I also had my first-ever "proper dance" with my wee girl - a Gay Gordons.

On the downside, the whole event was lit by what appeared to be 4 forty-watt bulbs, lending the proceedings a warmth and intimacy akin to a basement speakeasy, but somewhat challenging for the amateur photographer. Camera shake is the recurring theme throughout the snaps, I looked up a faster replacement lens (birthday idea!) but it would dent the coffers to the tune of $6000 so I'll put up with the shoogly pictures for now.

Chris Hoy won Sports Personality of the Decade, BTW. Did I mention I'd met him?

No comments: