Towards the end of term, there was no Wildlife Club, so I took the day off to try to provide a substitute entertainment for the kiddies and the Stirlings. We drove to South Queensferry, walked along the Dalmeny shore path towards Hound Point, climbed on some haybales, found some driftwood and started a fire. I'd also had the foresight to bring an old frying pan so cooking our teatime sausages was considerably less precarious than last time.I cooked alone; Louis and Will built a small den among the rocks while Holly and Eloise explored the beach and little low-tide island just off Hound Point.
Best of all, we sat by the fire in the evening sunshine and munched our sausages while a huge tanker moored at the oil terminal, slowly guided in by the tugs and churning the waters. These things are massive! Well I enjoyed it...
No comments:
Post a Comment