Friday morning, and we had a visit from Robert, Louisa and little Sam, who is - if I understand the nomenclature correctly - Holly and Louis' second cousin. We had a nice time catching up and reading, and later on Peter and Kirsty turned up with Bea and Imogen and we all sat down to one of Grandma Pat's trademark summer lunches. It was another scorching day, so in the afternoon, Bea and Isobel joined Holly and Louis in the paddling pool for a bit of splashy cold water hilarity. We all headed back to The Cricketer's at Rickling Green (again) until it was time for everyone to head home. With the grandparents putting Holly and Louis to bed, Helen and I took a wee stroll through Audley Park - the public bit of the Audley End estate - to the OEG for a wee beer or three. We returned to find Pat & John fast asleep in front of the TV news, and I somewhat uncharitably couldn't resist a wee snap through the window...
No comments:
Post a Comment