This has been the first week of the Easter break. On Monday, Dave came round and the four of us rode down to the old reliable Drylaw BMX track. Louis was *very* impressed with Dave's "gnarly" riding. Holly, on the other hand, made some new pals in the play park while us boys played with our toys. Tuesday was a normal day for Helen and Louis, but Holly and I took a bus into town to do a bit of shopping. In between showers, we had a picnic lunch in Princes St Gardens and climbed the Scott Monument, all 287 steps of it. It's nice to get a bit of one-on-one time, and it was a lovely day out. Today found Holly and I back in town for the Science Festival, or that part of it to be found in the City Art Centre. We stayed for ages, and had another great day, with Holly blowing huge bubbles, making a kazoo, exploring the jungle, generating energy from waves, developing her own photo prints, making scabs and congealed blood, creating an alien and building a heavier-than-water boat, among many many other things. For my part, I did a Wingate Test on a static bike. All in the interests of science, you understand. My peak power was second only to some bloke who's apparently in training for Scotland's Strongest Man. I await the published results with interest...
No comments:
Post a Comment