Each year, in the depths of January, BUPA sponsor the Great Winter Run around Arthur's Seat. You may recall Helen and I ran it to raise funds for the Sick Kids after Louis' stay there. In much happier circumstances, this time Holly ran the Junior race - her first timed race, and her first solo race - which was 2.5k round Holyrood Park. She set about it with great enthusiasm (helped slightly by the appearance of Gangnam Style in the warmup), ran the whole way without an adult helper, and even managed a sprint for the finish. Tucking straight into the sweeties in her finisher's goodie bag, she was rightly proud of herself. Her official time was 12:17, which is pretty blummen fast for 2.5k! Niall and I also ran the 5k shortly afterwards, I managed a 23:29 and Niall 28 something. It's a grand way to blow away the cobwebs after a festive season of booze and cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment