Finally, the night we in the choir had been preparing for for six months arrived on 4th October. It was our first "proper" performance outside
BT, and the occasion was
Byte Night, an annual event where
geeks and nerds the IT industry sleep out to raise funds for
Action for Children, a charity for homeless kids. To prepare the
hapless bit-wranglers brave souls for the forthcoming ordeal, they were treated to slap-up meal and an evening of entertainments hosted by none other than
Fred MacAulay. Among those entertainments were - you guessed it - a couple of sets from the BT Scotland Choir (that's us, though I'm not sure what our official name is). We ran through most of our repertoire in the bar while people were arriving and registering, and then sang
Run to accompany a tear-jerking video that would send the sleepers out into the night suitably inspired. The whole thing was a massive hoot, but I opted out of the lying-on-the-ground part and sloped off home to my lovely warm bed. I didn't get any pictures, but by the miracle of social media I can share some images and "reaction" here:
Alastair Rennie @alastairrennie 4 Oct
Bt choir giving up their time to entertain us :-) cars snow patrol its beautiful #edbytenight #ByteNight
pic.twitter.com/5OkjD1peXc
Perceptive Partners @perceptivecomms 4 Oct
Great Beach Boys rendition by BT Choir at #ByteNight #Scotland
pic.twitter.com/LZAEI3iDge
Action for Children @aslongasittakes 4 Oct
Guests at #ByteNight #Scotland will be treated to a performance from BT Scotland choir. Here they are warming up!
pic.twitter.com/2nlSfUJ0cr
No comments:
Post a Comment